08 October 2008

Short little update

I'm sorry I don't post as frequently, but it just seems like life here is becoming more mundane, and less like a vacation. I think that's a good thing- it indicates that I'm feeling more like a local maybe? I've really noticed that in the past few days I've become much more comfortable around people in particular- starting conversations, feeling a little more sure of myself. I've come to terms in that last few months that I'm shy (I know Aunt Becky will have something to say about that, but when I'm not with family or close friends it's true), so even being more outgoing around my classmates is a big deal for me.
I really do love to wander. Sometimes I take long ways home. It makes me happy to have streets and routes memorized, and to think that, should I come back in 20 years or so, I might be able to find my way around as if I'd never left. Sol in particular is becoming more familiar to me, and I'm frequently asked how to get around the area by tourists.
There's a part of me that really wants to sing on a street corner for money one of these days. Oh, I know I'm a horrible singer, don't worry, but I feel like it would make my European adventure just a little more authentic. I'll let you know if anything comes of that whim.
I'm sorry, but I'm just too tired to write any more (I was up at 6:30 this morning to go running). I'm sure I'll have more to say tomorrow.

1 comment:

Becky Lundgren said...

Shy? You're *shy*? I thought you just didn't *like* me. ;-) Oooh, good, now I have blackmail info I can use on you. LOL