19 October 2010

licensed to ill

Well, now, don't you tell me to smile

You stick around, I'll make it worth your while

Like numbers beyond what you can dial

Maybe because I'm so versatile. . .

-Beastie Boys, Intergalactic

I would have written much sooner, but I’m having a tough time logging in to blogger.com soooooo take it up with them.

Anyway, in the last week, I’ve made no progress on anything. I babysat a couple of times for an American family, which was awesome, but it’s not going to pay the bills. . . or all the rent. Dave showed up and promptly interviewed for the gig in Uruguay. He got it; I didn’t. And that’s all I’ll say about that.

I’m doing a little freelance writing, but I’m mostly spending my days watching Gossip Girl. Productive use of my time, I know. But I consider it an investment in my future, because when I am rich and have moved to the Upper East Side in New York, I will know how to conduct myself. Or. . . not conduct myself, I guess.

And I forgot to mention, I am in love with Buenos Aires. I get this city, I know how to get around it, and I’m showing other people how to get around. Dave and I are headed to Al Carbon, which is one of the restaurants that I went out to a couple of times with people from the hostel. He wants one of those famous Argentine steaks, and Al Carbon is one of the best places to get them (keep that in mind if you ever come to visit.

Lastly, I think I’m going to move the poll to this page and just show the results on the other page, because I can actually put a poll application on this page and not on the other (as far as I know). Enjoy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love Argentinian steak too! I believe there is lime juice involved? Makes me want to have one right now! Oh the joys of us non-vegetarians. Think there are a couple of Argentinian steak houses here now - will have to check it out. Don't fret over not getting the Uruguay job - just means there is something better for you elsewhere. Good luck and keep us posted......or blogged....or whatever! :-)