08 June 2010

[from logan airport]

Here I go again on my own
Going down the only road I've ever known
Like a drifter, I was born to walk alone
And I've made up my mind, I ain't wastin' no more time
Cos here I go again. . .
-Whitesnake

I flew out this morning at 630 am. You'd think that leaving would get easier with experience. . . but it doesn't. It didn't help that the last person who'd been sitting in my seat on Flight No. 1 was a little smaller than me and I had to loosen the seatbelt. . . that chipped away at my confidence a little bit.

On the upside, however, I did have my side of the row to myself. This was due to the fact that there were only THREE SEATS PER ROW and I was on the smaller half. I'm not sure if what I'm saying is making sense right now; I haven't gotten enough sleep the past few nights and right now I feel like I could better communicate with facial expressions and hand gestures. Basically there were 20 or so rows in this plane, with three seats per row, so that's about 60 people on this baby plane? Definitely the smallest plane I've ever taken.

Anyway, the point is, I had my seat next to the window, the aisle, and then there were two more seats across the way. It was pretty stellar. At this point I went into Lizabela mode and stopped really focusing on anything, which sort of makes the homesickness go away because it's in the back of my mind.

My first flight landed on time in Chicago, and then I had to sort of dash through O'Hare to catch my next flight within about 20 minutes AND buy some kitschy souvenirs. I've made it my goal to have something from every city I visit. Every single one.

I think I was dead to the world for my Chicago-Boston flight, but somehow I managed to orient myself, grab one of the greatest sandwiches of my life at Earl of Sandwich, and purchase some more things which I think are hilarious. I think my flight to Iceland's supposed to leave soon but I could just as soon sit around here a bit longer. I'm loving the free wifi here at Logan Airport! I'm pretty sure they didn't have that last time I was here, on my way to Madrid in August of 2008.

But I digress. I have to get a few last minute things ready before my flight takes off. I had more relevant lyrics ready, but I've forgotten them. Need sleep.

Later, little monsters!

1 comment:

Mom said...

I don't think it is homesickness yet, but probably just sleep deprivation . . . ;) We did stay to watch you take off on your little regional jet. . . then breakfasted at IHOP. Travel safely! And don't miss a plane just to get a souvenir. . .